Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Preparation, is it ever fun?

Our Tuesday are usually our lay low days.  If we ever get a day to stay in our pj's all day Tuesday is the day.  Ashley (mommy) got some time to come home for lunch and spend a couple hours with us in the afternoon.  Other than that is was just playing and for me, cleaning to prepare for Ashley's dad and stepmom to come over the weekend.  Lots of laundry, vacuuming and cleaning three toilets, fun stuff!

Is preparing for things ever fun?  I mean there is preparing for tests, big projects, preparing for trips, or people to come.  Can anyone think of a time when preparing for something is fun?

Anyway, as I was watching and trying to stop my daughter from getting into everything she is not supposed to be in, it got me thinking.  She does not know all these things are bad for her or will hurt her and sometimes I do let her explore and try to figure it out, she knows not to go on the ledge by the fire place already. In her ignorance, if its okay calling someone that young that, she is much like a new Christian.

As someone who grew up in a Christian home I sometimes catch myself, for a lack of a better word, judging non-Christians for things they do.  However, we cannot hold them to the standard we hold ourselves to as they may not even know its wrong or bad for them.  Of course as nonbelievers they don't believe the same things as us and even if they know or have been told, if they don't believe its bad for them, whats to stop them.

It is our job as believers to let them explore in some areas and lead them to safety in others.  Much like I try to steer Makenna away from danger and take her attention off of the bad stuff she wants to get into, we need to steer nonbelievers away from the dangers and distractions of this world.  If in anyway we can, we need to of course try to lead them to the Lord, but in the very least lead them away from the dangers.

Where are you in your faith?  Are you the nonbeliever or a new believer that still needs lots of guidance? Are you someone who can do the leading?  I would love to hear from you and hear where you have lead someone in the right direction or maybe where you have been lead in the right direction.

This is something we will again never fully conquer until we reach the perfection that is heaven, but that shouldn't discourage us from trying to improve each day.

God Bless!

1 Corinthians 8:9

New International Version (NIV)
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

Mark 9:42

New International Version (NIV)

Causing to Stumble

42 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment